April 10, 2012

Oh Kelsey...


Sometimes there are moments when I just have to put my forehead in my palm and say, "Oh Kelsey..."

Yesterday, I had one of those moments.

Do you see anything out of the ordinary in this picture??

.......



Let me help a little bit.


Yes those are my keys, yes they are caught in the door, and yes I locked the car before I shut the door causing them to be really stuck.


Let me explain how this happened.


Lily had fallen asleep while I was driving home from campus that morning so I was trying my best to keep the sun out of her eyes as I got her out of the car. I put my key chain on my wrist along with my jacket and diaper bag while I struggled (as I always do) to unlatch Lily's car seat and pull it, as smoothly as I could, out of the car. Once I got the 35 pounds of baby and car seat out of the car, I pressed the lock button on the clicker (is there a real name for those things?) and I awkwardly swung the door shut. At the precise moment that the door was about to latch, my keys swung and got in the way. Unfortunately, they did not get in the way enough to cause the door not to close. They somehow aligned perfectly to allow the latch to still function and became completely stuck in the door. I tried for a while to pull them out, but they were stuck. Every single one of my keys was stuck in the door. I was locked out of my car AND my house. This was when the forehead in palm moment occurred.

What did I do? I called Alec. And then, since I had my camera with me, I took some pictures.




Lily slept so peacefully in her car seat. Luckily, it was a beautiful day so I just enjoyed the weather.

Lily and I sitting at the top of our stairs.


My hero!!

Alec laughed when he saw the keys. I don't think he quite believed me when I told him they were stuck.

Our second clicker for the car is broken, so Alec had to move the keys around as much as he could and press the unlock button on the clicker that was stuck in the door with a bobby pin. He sure is resourceful!

Lesson learned: Don't lock the car until after I have taken everything out that I need, and have successfully shut the door... without getting the keys stuck in it.


1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, what a day! Luckily it was so nice out & Alec was able to come to your rescue. Also I love that tree in your yard, the flowers are very pretty.

    We live such busy lives - sometimes the world says "Hey, stop & smell the roses". Or take some pictures of them anyway :)

    ReplyDelete