July 16, 2012

Running

I am not a runner...


I am not good at it.  I don't enjoy it.

Sometimes I long to feel that runner's high the woman in the picture above must feel when she runs, but then I remember that I don't like running.

I was a pretty good runner in middle school and I even had a brief stint in cross country in high school, but I only ever ran because it conditioned me for volleyball and basketball.  Since then, I have not enjoyed running at all.

So, I started training for a 5k. 

Why would I do such a thing you ask?  Part of me wants to do it for the exercise.  Part of me wants to do it because I truly do love how I feel after I run.  Part of me wants to do it because I want to see if I could ever truly enjoy running.  And part of me wants to do it just to prove to myself that I can.

Anyway, today I did my first run of the training program and it went really well!  Lily didn't mind being pushed around in her stroller either.  We'll see how the rest of the week goes!


1 comment:

  1. When and where is the 5k? I'll do it with you! I'm serious! How do you train?

    ReplyDelete