July 13, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things


My belly is pretty huge and people are not afraid to tell me so. I can probably count on one hand the number of days in the past month or so that someone has not told me how big my belly is and how I look like I'm about to pop. I really don't mind that much. At least I know my baby is healthy, and I am still in the healthy range for weight gain during pregnancy.

I know that I look huge now, but I remember feeling like I was so small for so long! All I wanted was for people to be able to tell I was pregnant by just looking at me. It's weird to think back on it now. I would love it if I could take off my belly for an hour so I could take a nap on my stomach. :)

Anyway, I was looking through some old pictures and I came across this one.

Alec took this one of me some time at the end of March, so I was just under 20 weeks along. I still wasn't showing much, but I was starting to feel like a real live pregnant woman.

I remembered that the night Alec took this picture, I went to a Noteworthy performance. After the performance, I was at the merchandise table selling CD's and a young teenage girl came up and talked to me for a little bit. Here's how the conversation went:

Girl: "So is this your first?"
Me: (slightly surprised) "Yes this is."
Girl: "Oh so when are you due?"
Me: "Not until August."
Girl: (slightly awkwardly) "Oh okay..."

And then she walked away. I felt a little bit awkward as she walked away. I was perfectly friendly and I didn't really think anything of the fact that she could tell I was pregnant. I felt pregnant so I thought it made sense, but now when I look back at this picture, I realize that she was definitely a brave girl!! I definitely would not have asked another woman as big as I was if she was pregnant. At least now there is no mistaking the fact that I am most definitely pregnant...

No comments:

Post a Comment